The Gibson Custom 60th Anniversary 1960 Les Paul Standard V3 VOS in Wide Tomato Burst is worthy of any player's collection! Gibson did their research this time around and is providing 3 different 1960 variations, just like it was in 1960! Read on and appreciate the cool story this model is a part of.
This limited-edition 60th Anniversary model celebrates the iconic 1960 Les Paul Standard, which has shaped music across genres for six decades. The artisans at Gibson Custom Shop have proudly recreated the experience of owning a priceless original thanks to the painstaking attention to detail and tireless study of vintage examples, closely following the three distinct versions seen within 1960. Those made in the first third of the year (V1) had the same specs as 1959 models, while the middle third (V2) had thinner neck profiles, different knobs, and brighter colors. The final third (V3, which this one is) featured even thinner neck profiles. Each version is available within this historic limited run of instruments, inspiring players in different ways. Included is a 60th Anniversary switch plate, a commemorative Certificate of Authenticity booklet, and a vintage replica hardshell case.
Gibson is back in 2020 with new leadership and the quality if already heading in the right direction! The first handful of guitars we have seen have had many of the issues addressed. Better cut nuts, even smoother frets, improved finish work, the improvements are quite obvious! We are stocking USA, Custom Shop, and Montana Made Acoustic Guitars again so make sure to stop by the shop when you get the chance to see how the NEW Gibson's stack up!
- Gibson Custom Shop
- 60th Anniversary Edition
- 1960 Les Paul Standard V3
- Wide Tomato Burst
- Nitro Cellulose VOS Finish
- Weighs ......
- 60 Thin C Neck Profile
- 1 Piece Solid Lightweight Mahogany Body
- 2 Piece Figured Maple Top w/Hide Glue Construction
- 24.75" Scale Length
- Indian Rosewood Fingerboard (Hide Glue Fit)
- Mahogany Neck
- 12" Fingerboard Radius
- 22 Authentic Medium Jumbo frets
- Nylon Nut Material 1.69" Nut Width
- Aged Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid Inlays
- Long Neck Tenon w/Hide Glue Fit
- Nickel Hardware
- No Wire ABR-1 Bridge
- Nickel Plated Brass Saddles
- Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar
- Kluson Single Line/Single Ring Tuners
- Custombucker Alnico III Unpotted Humbuckers
- 2 x Volume Controls
- 2 x Tone Controls
- 3 Way Toggle
- Aged Brown/Pink Reissue Hardshell Case
- Certificate of Authenticity
The Music Gallery