Do you have an original song that is dying to get out and be shared with others?
Sarah Coco presents The Singer/Songwriter Sessions to The Music Gallery! In this four week course, a small group of student songwriters will meet with Sarah to learn and explore creativity through the songwriting process.
In this course, you will learn:
- Basic songwriting tools and practices that can improve your ideas
- How to develop focused song concepts
- How to sing in a healthy way, using proper breathing and technique
- Useful chord progressions and strumming patterns
- Song Structures of acoustic genre
Each week will present a deep dive into key elements of songwriting of lyrics, chord progressions, rhythms, melodies, and song structures. Students will be encouraged to present their ideas in a small group setting and break off into smaller groups for collaborative exercises. We are looking forward to getting this class started! We hope you'll join us!